|Bagani Area Okavango River - West Caprivi District road TransCaprivi Highway
Ngepi Camp is situated in the unspoiled upper reaches of the Okavango delta panhandle in the western Caprivi strip, Kavango region, Namibia.
With clean Kalahari desert air, this camp is set on an island under spectacular trees with a permanent river frontage and surrounded by seasonally flooded swamps. It is a paradise of flooded plains and secret swampy backwaters, teaming with wildlife, as they are nestled between Mahango National Park, a few kilometers to the south, and Bwabwata National Park directly opposite across the river.
All campsites have real grass and most sites are situated on the riverfront under magnificent trees. There is a reed bush hut with an en-suite available for family accommodation. Ngepi also offers accommodation in tree houses on the river. These are individually styled tree houses built on raised wooden decks in and around the tree canopy.
Activities at Ngepi Camp:
- Boat cruise: A sundowner trip to view hippos, crocs, birds and other creatures in the Okavango river. 1½ Hours - Maximum 20 passengers;
- Fishing: They have rods available for hire. Boat hire for fishing with a skipper can also be arranged;
- Village walk: Join them on a guided cultural tour of the local Mbukushu village. 1½ - 2 hours - Minimum 2 people;
- Guided bird- and nature walk: Ngepi's mixed environment of wetland floodplains and broadleaf woodland is home to over 500 species. 1½ - 2 Hours - Minimum 2 people;
- Guided mokoro canoe safari from Ngepi: Take a mokoro with a guide and enjoy the nature and wildlife of the Kavango and the Bwabwata National Park. 2½ Hours - Minimum 2 passengers;
- A half day mokoro canoe tour from Popa Falls/Ngepi: They will drive guests from Ngepi to Popa Falls to begin the journey downstream by mokoro. You will stop en-route at a San Bushman village for a cultural tour. 4 Hours â€“ Minimum 4 passengers;
- Game drive: Enjoy a game drive in the nearby Mahango Park, famous for its large herds of Sable and Roan antelope, as well as four of the Big 5. 3 Hours - minimum 4 people;
- Dancing and drumming: Traditional dancing and drumming can be arranged on request;
- Namibian Okavango Delta Panhandle Mokoro/Watu experience: A whole day excursion on the river in the morning and into the Mahango National Park for an afternoon game drive. Plenty of game and birdlife can be seen. Minimum 4 people;
- Dragon river rafting: Guided rafting trips on the upper reaches of the Okavango River - approximately 30km upstream from Ngepi Camp. Explore the rapids and channels between over 60 islands - up to ten boats are available. (Two people per boat). The overnight trip includes one night of wild camping! Minimum 4 people.
Services and facilities at Ngepi:
- Unique floating cage swimming pool IN the river;
- A sundeck to enjoy great sunsets over the Kavango river;
- Cool bar with a great atmosphere and ice cold beer;
- A camp shop selling basic products including braai (barbeque) packs, firewood and curios;
- Laundry service;
- International telephone;
- Frisbee golf course;
- Volleyball court;
- Probably the most photographed toilets and showers in the world!!!
- Ngepi's kitchen offers a menu from 07:30-17:30 and a pre-selected dinner is served thereafter.
*All rates include 15% VAT and Tourism bed levy;
*Payment is accepted in cash or travellers cheques in all major foreign currencies, eg. US dollars, GBP, Euro, Pula and ZAR;
*Credit card payments are also accepted with a small surcharge to cover Sat link;
*Bookings require advance payment of a 50% non-refundable deposit.