!Gowati Lodge & Camping has 30 en-suite rooms equipped with telephones, fans and coffee/tea making facilities. The restaurant offers an a-la-carte menu, as well as buffets for large groups. The bar is open during the day and at night a local traditional group entertains our guests. There is a swimming pool and curio shop on the premises.
Day trips of the area can be arranged at a reasonable price and includes travelling in an air-conditioned vehicle, guide/driver, lunch packs and soft drinks.
The destinations include:
- Twyfelfontein - here you will see rock paintings, Burned mountain, the Petrified Forest and the organ pipes;
- The Rock Finger - the rock finger a sole remnant of ancient Plato;
- The Himba Village - learn some interesting facts about the Himba;
- Skeleton Coast Park - Visit some of the old shipwrecks;
- The White Lady - Visit the White Lady rock engraving at Brand Berg near Uis. The Brand Berg is the highest mountain in Namibia;
- Donkey Cart Trips - A trip through the town of Khorixas the way the Damara people travel. At the Lodge reception, trips and bookings with other lodges can be organized for you.