Kunene River Lodge & Campsite
Kunene River Lodge is located at the north-western extremity of Namibia, situated on the bank of the Kunene River, 100km east of Epupa Falls and 50km west of Ruacana Falls. Although it is possible to complete the road journey from Windhoek in one day, it is advisable to break the journey with at least one, preferably two overnight stops. Better still plan a circular itinerary to take in stops which are manageable distances from each other.
The reception area, bar, restaurant, lodge grounds and activities are open to all, but to satisfy the diverse needs of travellers in this remote area we currently provide three distinct types of overnight accommodation:
- Spacious air-conditioned deluxe rooms overlooking a substantial lawn surrounded by trees and shrubs near the secluded swimming pool;
- A-frame rustic chalets, each situated on its own beautiful plot, amongst the lush trees and shrubs which characterise Kunene River Lodge; and
- A campsite on the banks of the Kunene river.
- Birding trips, there are several rare species in the area;
- White-water rafting in the nearby Ondorusu gorge;
- Visits to a local Himba family;
- Sundowner boat cruises;
- Simply just unwind and relax and enjoy a drink on the deck, watching the sun go down.