Your hosts Valentino and Karin, owner managed look forward in welcoming you at RiverDance. Our Lodge comprises of stunning architecturally designed glass and wooden spacious units. Inspiration was drawn from birdsâ€™ nests and each unit is safely tucked between trees where guests can enjoy complete privacy. Be assured of Namibian hospitality, unaffected by seasonal flooding, and breathtaking views of the mighty Okavango River.
Each unit consists of two Â¾ beds with a converter option, a desk area, the finest handmade Namibian linen and a private deck. Each bathroom is spacious, with a macorro (traditional boat) inspired bath, bathrobes and towels. The room and bath units are connected with wooden floors. A lovely pool and internet access are available. Nestled amongst hundreds of trees, our exquisite waterfront units and camping sites awaits you
The campsites are spacious with private access to the river. Each has its own bathroom fitted with a shower, basin and toilet. Adjacent to the bathroom you will find you own area with washing basin, portable braai (barbeque) and electricity supply. A deck ensures that camping and self-drive guests gain their own access to the river.
Visit our pizza oven for a take away or our restaurant.
Activities at River Dance Lodge:
- Macorro (traditional boats) trips;
- Sunrise and sunset boat cruises can be booked;
- Daily fishing trips;
- Stargazing - Peer through our telescope or let our tour guide point you towards the stars;
- Bird-watching - Our entire property is a feast for the bird watchers' eye;
- Excursions - To the nearby village filled with song, dance and an introduction to Kavango life can be arranged;
- Cool off in the lovely swimming pool;
- Walking - You are welcome to explore the property and guided walks to nearby areas can be arranged; and
- Kids - Play kakojo, learn to beat the drum or help the ladies in their Mahango fields. See lots of little goats, piglets and how bees are kept.
- Popa Falls - 35km away from us you will find the world renowned Popa Falls;
- Mahango Game Reserve - 10km from Popa Falls and 40km from River Dance you will find the Game Reserve which is a must to see;
- Bwabwata National Park - Known as the 'people's park' is 40km away from RiverDance; and
- Andara - 10km from the Lodge you can visit Andara with its hospital, remains of the mill, hostelsâ€™ and a little church.
Guests at RiverDance will be fascinated by the selection of local arts and crafts on offer in our curio shop. Handmade lures, made by members of the Momono/Biro community are available, as are Kavango arts and crafts. We also stock honey produced by the â€˜Keeper of all things Sweet,â€™ Tate Danie (he is also our local â€˜vetâ€™), and Bloublommietjies BioDynamic products such as sage shampoo and conditioner. To protect you from the African sun, we have a selection of caps, hats and sunscreen, which is endorsed by the Cancer Association of Namibia.