Namushasha Country Lodge & Campsite
|Kongola Area, Namibia
Namushasha Country Lodge is situated on the banks of the Kwando River, overlooking a tranquil hippo pool with over 300 recorded bird species. Namushasha is a real unspoilt African experience offering excellent facilities in very scenic surroundings.
- 15 Twin rooms;
- Two sets of twin inter leading rooms (4 rooms);
- One family room (4 pax);
- Two triple rooms;
- One VIP room; and
- Four twin guide rooms.
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms. Rooms are NOT fitted with fans or air-conditioners due to limited generator power. The lodge is not wheelchair-friendly.
- 16 grassed camp sites;
- Own braai (barbeque) and ablution block;
- No electricity;
- Lapa with thatch roof, gas cooking facilities (pre-bookings essential to secure space for lapa).
Facilities and services:
- Swimming pool;
- A bar;
- Curio shop;
- Sundowner deck - Special arrangement can be made for honeymooners, anniversaries and birthdays;
- Generator electricity available from 05:00 to 22:00. (Inverter available to clients on respirator machine, 220V inverter lasts up to 8 hours);
- Credit card facilities available: Master Card, Visa and most European cards;
- Guests flying in by plane have to make prior arrangements for landing and pickup from the airstrip.
- Join our boat trip across the Kwando River to our awaiting game drive vehicle which will take you into Bwabwata National Park in search of elephant, buffalo, predators and scarce antelope species such as Roan, Sable and the elusive Sitatunga living on the edge of the river;
- Back at the lodge, guests can hike the 4km trail to the traditional village where basket weaving and wood carving is done;
- Guest who might want to spend more time on the Kwando River may participate in 'catch and release fishing' or do some quality birding; and
- Mudumu and Mamili National Parks east from Namushasha are open to guests who have their own 4x4 vehicles and are in search of more adventure.
- All ages welcome, but must be under parents supervision at all times;
- Children are allowed to go on activities only if accompanied by their parents.